Saturday, August 16, 2014

My Life Without Bullet Wounds

It is a known fact that I have never been shot by the police nor by any other law abiding citizen.  One reason for this part of my life is that I never put myself into a situation where a police officer might feel the need to shoot me, and I never broke into a person's home, attacked them, or otherwise made someone feel for their life in such a way that then needed to shoot me.  I am actually proud of this fact.

Have you ever noticed that most people with bullet wounds from police officers and law abiding citizens actually received them under circumstances whereby they challenged someone in a way that normal law abiding people never act?  I mean, they punch someone or beat them.  They use a weapon of blunt force and intimidate their victim.

I submit to you that most people who get shot by police and law abiding citizens were probably doing things they never should have done in places they never should have been.  I do not say that it is not a free country, but let us face it, if you want to punch someone in the face for no reason other than to intimidate them or more likely to take their property, then perhaps getting shot might just be on your bucket list.

When dealing with a police officer, who would actually try to run or worse, to punch them in the face?  If you obey laws, can you conceive of punching a police officer, hitting him with a stick, or even yelling at him to make him angry?  Personally, I would not, and it is not because I am afraid.  I choose not to do it because what point would it prove?  Even if I were right, who would believe me?  I would end up with a ticket or even in jail for being a jerk.

When you find yourself in a bad situation, why not simply answer a question or two from a police officer instead of punching him in the face or hitting him with a stick.  I certainly do not recommend kicking him or otherwise causing physical harm to him.  What is it about people who having been shot by a police officer or a law abiding citizen always say they themselves were unarmed?  Unarmed but left the person with the gun having a bloody and swollen head.  As the perpetrator of the beating, you think beating your victim with your bare hands is harmless, but the victim's head does not agree.  To the victim, he has no idea when you might stop or when you might grab his gun if he has one.  To the victim, it kind of makes sense to pull that gun out and use it to defend what life he has left before you beat it out of him.

Police officers are targets.  They can make a legitimate traffic stop and unwittingly be shot and killed by the driver before they even realize what happened, so as a police officer, every action against their person might be life threatening.  I submit to you that if you physically attack a police officer with so much as a finger, you willingly take your life into your own hands.  If you end up with a bullet wound, you really ought not to complain.  Further, if your relative is the idiot who attacked the police officer, you are no different than the family and friends of the BTK Killer who said, "We never knew.  He was such a nice guy."  Remember, no mother of a child molestor would believe that her son would do such things as touch little boys and girls.  In effect, you have the same outlook as the parent of a child molestor in believing that your relative is not capable of doing anything violent or bad at all.  Of course, unbeknownst to you, it probably is not the first time that your son hit someone in anger.  After all, he just took the giant step of slugging a police officer.  Were you born yesterday?  Wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment