Saturday, June 13, 2015

Regarding Trade Promotion Authority

This is my idea about trade: leave me alone and let me do what works. I get contacted by Chinese manufacturers all the time, Spanish and Italian less so. If I want to buy from them, let me. That's all the trade deal needed.

People, as citizens of countries, have been trading with each other for thousands of years, government not always playing a role. Indian Tea Company, Christopher Columbus was looking for the West Indies, China has always been a favorite, etc. We don't need a President to teach us how to transact.

This trade deal is locked behind closed doors and done in secret as if it were the NSA collecting our phone records. It's a trade deal, not the schematics of a stealth fighter. Government has become too meddlesome in things it knows nothing about, and if we, as free men and women, need a head of state to negotiate our deals, then I know we're wrong.

Politicians trick people into believing that these trade deals are for a better tomorrow, as if government's actions are how we live our daily lives and as of government inaction would cause a meltdown. This is how it sucks the misinformed people down into the funnel, and once they create sufficient crowd effects to win the election, they've accomplished their mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment