Saturday, June 29, 2013

Third Party? Perhaps...

When I was 16, I decided that I was most like a Libertarian, but I realized that it was not a viable solution.  My beliefs define me; my party membership does not.  Most of my ideas are compatible with the Republican party, but no politician is perfect.  No politician represents everything I believe, nor can any politician be reelected who pursues my priorities.  In order to be elected, a politician must return money to the district, but I believe that politicians should refuse money--not good for votes.

I believe that in each election, I must vote for the person most fit to lead--not refuse to participate.  In the last election, did I believe that Romney was the perfect person?  No, of course not, but it did not stop me from voting for him because I believe Obama is the devil incarnate.

Vote for Gary Johnson?  Gary Johnson needs to demonstrate that he has a basis of support before I go into the voting booth and cast my vote for him or any other Libertarian.  Show me a new party that shares my principles and can garner double digit percentages.  Then I will join ranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment