Thursday, July 25, 2013

To Obama, I say, "Be a man."

Mr. Obama, Take this advice from a humble Marine:

When I began my professional career in the Marine Corps, I tackled it from the point of view that my job was to learn, that I knew certain information, but that there were others who knew better.  My job was to learn from them, not condescend them, to use their knowledge to benefit us, not to tear them down.  Consequently, I took stands when I knew something to be right, and when I was wrong, I called on others to assist and never shrank from responsibility.  I wish our leaders practiced my philosophy.

When I watch politicians who make mistakes, it galls me that they refuse to accept responsibility.  Ronald Reagan accepted responsibility for Iran Contra during a nationally televised address, and I found it impressive.  Do other politicians do such?  No.

When faced with malfunction, Obama tries to turn the tables on his critics and uses derogatory terms like "phony scandal" to describe his critics' accusations.  Instead of facing the difficulties, he shifts blame and denies responsibility, and in doing so, he hides from public view whether or not he takes the problems seriously.

Take for instance if Obama stated to everyone, "This is the worst thing that I have ever heard," and he immediately cleaned house, fired people, changed his cabinet officer in charge, and created mass chaos in the organization that operated so errantly.  What would the feedback be?  Personally, I would have a hard time criticizing him for it.

It is time for politicians to accept responsibility, to stand up and be adult about their problems.  Rebuke bad behavior and punish it appropriately.  When confronted with scandal, cut its head off in public view of everyone and clean it out with fire.  Do not equivocate, and through violence of action, seize the initiative to dictate the course of events that beset us on all sides as evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment