Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Contribution to the Discussion?

Someone asked me in reference to the debate over healthcare: What contribution do you wish to make?  On the surface, it sounds like a great question.  What a great way to foster constructive debate, but wait a second.  Who is anyone to have a say in anything that affects me?  What follows is my response to this individual's presumption that we should have a debate at all:

It isn't my responsibility, nor the government's, to make your life, my life, or anyone else's life any better than what each person decides to make of his or her own life.

In short, I have no contributions other than what I may do to help my fellow person one on one.  What you, and others like you, need to learn is to mind your own business, and stop meddling in the affairs of free people.

No one in our society deserves anything other than the freedoms delineated within the Bill of Rights.  If you desire help or assistance, you should get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment